Some of the main concerns in the window and door industry are safety, quality of work and costs. Deciding to purchase new windows is a big deal. Knowing how to find a reliable, high-quality window product that comes with expert installation is vital to the success of your project. HomeRite Windows and Doors is the premier window dealer and installer in Jacksonville, FL.
What To Ask:
Since you are the customer, window companies should be earning your business by proving experience, quality and great customer service. Asking the right questions and getting good answers will point you to the best choice for your new windows. Here are 10 questions that you should ask to help with your decision:
1. How long have you been in business? Long-term market success is a direct indicator of the reliability and ‘staying-power’ of any company. If a business has been around for many years, you can bet their customers are happy. Founded in 2005, HomeRite is continuously working to make our customers happy and to stand behind our products and services. Also, HomeRite windows partners with a national window manufacturer that has been around for 60 years. Now, that’s a lot of years!
2. Are you licensed and insured? Being licensed and insured not only shows a commitment to professionalism, but also to meeting the minimum requirements for training and protection of employees. Customers can be liable for an accident that occurs on their property, so an insured company safeguards homeowners, as well. HomeRite is licensed and insured.
3. Are you listed and in good standing with the BBB and other well-known, third-party service companies like Angie’s List? The BBB is a non-profit organization that rates companies on customer satisfaction and performance. Good standing means that a company doesn’t have unresolved conflicts with consumers. Angie’s List and other third-party companies do the same type of ratings to keep buyers informed. HomeRite Windows and Doors of Jacksonville is an Accredited Business with an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau. Our credentials also include being a multi-year, consecutive recipient of the Angie’s List SUPER SERVICE AWARD.
4. Is your company local? Local companies often have a better grasp of the needs and wants of homeowners in that particular area and climate. In Florida, this is particularly important as we have rigid building codes due to our extreme weather conditions. HomeRite is locally-owned and operated in Jacksonville, Florida. We are partnered with a window manufacturer with over 60 years of experience making custom windows built for our Florida customers.
5. Do you have your own installers or do you contract out installation work? If a company uses outside installers, it may result in unwarranted work. Most major window brands require installation by trained & licensed installers in order to comply with the manufacturer’s warranty. HomeRite employs its own professional window installers who are experts at installing and repairing the windows we sell.
6. Are your window products energy-efficient? Energy-efficient windows help consumers to save money and provide a more comfortable atmosphere in the home. Energy Star ratings, based on the performance needed for each climate zone in the country, mean your windows can specifically handle the weather for your area. HomeRite carries Energy Star® and SmartRite™ energy-efficient products.
7. Do you have a showroom where I can view the window products in person? Ordering clothes or groceries online is one thing, but buying replacement windows for your home is a significant investment. A showroom or gallery of samples allows customers to touch and see products before purchasing. At HomeRite, we can bring samples to your home during a consultation appointment, or we also welcome customers into our showroom to view first-hand the window and door product selections that we offer. You can also view our window brochures online.
8. What kind of warranty protection do you provide? Understanding the details of the warranty your windows will have is an essential part of your purchase. Knowing your windows will be guaranteed for the long-haul offers confidence in the products. All HomeRite products come with an industry-leading Manufacturer’s Limited Lifetime Warranty, which protects against defects, for as long as you live in your home. Our additional Lifetime Glass Breakage and Seal Failure Warranty gives you added assurance.
9. Can you provide referrals? Being able to hear other customer experiences often influence a buyer’s decision. HomeRite Windows and Doors is proud to say that much of our success comes from repeat and referral business. Read some of our customer reviews here.
10. Do you provide a free estimate? If a company charges just to provide an estimate, it’s often a red-flag to consumers. HomeRite provides complimentary consultations and estimates for all our services.