7 Best Window Ideas
1. Adding windows around your front door gives your home a grand entrance. Solid front doors are beautiful but can also make a home dark and have less curb appeal. Putting windows on either side and above the door will provide a myriad of light, texture and curb appeal.
2. Creating a wall of windows is one of the best ways to open up your home and let the sunshine in! If you are concerned about too much heat or cold with a window wall, choose double-paned, energy-efficient windows. HomeRite carries many SmartRite® energy-efficient products to help you save money on your electric bill. Be sure to ask about our Low-E and Low-E2 glass options, too.
3. One of the best ways to create architectural distinction is by exchanging a regular window for a bow or bay window. Bow windows create an arch, while bay windows are angled bump-outs. On the inside, your bow or bay window allows for a pretty window seat. Whether you use it as seating for a kitchen table or as a reading nook in the bedroom, it is sure to be the unique place in the home.
4. Black-framed windows provide a sharp, visually appealing contrast against white walls. On the outside, black frames can be used to make your home look modern, industrial, or farmhouse-styled. Classic black and white is timeless. Extra tip: Add a bright colored front door and some potted flowers to make it pop!
5. Coupled with light, airy curtains, arched windows produce a romantic vibe and add height to any room. These windows can also be added above a fireplace or front door to let in more light.
7. If you have an area of your home that needs something really exciting, consider a custom-designed window. Specialty windows can be any size, shape, color, or style. You can choose stained glass or a leaded design within the window glass or a round or octagon shape for a conversation piece.