Deciding to buy replacement windows is an important decision. It can be a daunting task to investigate options, obtain estimates and choose your window manufacturing and installation vendor. HomeRite Windows and Doors in Jacksonville, FL, wants to help you understand more about the process and possibilities, including answering the most important question: How much do new replacement windows cost?
Is It Really Time to Buy New Windows?
The last thing you want to do is spend money if you don’t have to. Here are some clues to figuring out if it’s really time to replace your windows. You should consider replacement windows if:
- Your windows are broken, damaged or have warped panes
- Your windows are older or the original windows that were installed in your home were cheaply made. In such cases, you may notice that your electric bill is unusually high, especially for your area.
- You are renovating or remodeling. In most cases, installing replacement windows is a vital element of such projects. New windows make a dramatic difference in the look and feel of newly remodeled spaces.
- You are considering selling your home. New replacement windows can increase your home value and allow you to command a higher selling price.
Additional Reasons to Replace Your Windows
In some cases, like those discussed, replacing your windows isn’t a choice, but a necessity. But there are also additional reasons why you may want to consider buying new windows. Replacement windows provide all of the following benefits:
- They improve the exterior curb appeal and interior aesthetics of your home
- They make your home more energy-efficient and help lower your electric bill
- They protect your home from storms and severe weather. Here in Jacksonville and all across Northeast Florida and the state of Florida, we do experience a lot of strong winds and rain from storms, especially during hurricane season.
How Much Should I Expect to Pay For Replacement Windows?
When doing your research, please remember that not all windows are alike. There are many different materials, sizes, styles and colors, all offering various differing degrees of quality, durability, energy-efficiency and aesthetics. Some may be a little more expensive than others, but the benefits might far outweigh the costs. That said, here are some average costs for new replacement windows, examples of what you might expect to pay and factors affecting replacement window pricing.
- Because of the climate and severe weather threats in Florida, you can expect the installation and cost of your windows to be a little higher than other areas of the country. Florida’s building codes require increased waterproofing, making installation more complicated than non-storm areas. This, in turn, drives prices up.
- Installing a new window in Jacksonville, FL can vary according to the extent of the work and the type of window you pick. The cost is usually around $250-$350 for installation labor per window in Florida — but no two projects are the same.
- Standard single-hung, double pane, Energy Star vinyl windows, including installation usually average between $550 – $750 per window.
- Wood clad windows are more expensive. The average costs are $800 – $1,100 per installation.
- Adding new windows in a room where none previously existed requires framing, siding and finishing work and sometimes, electrical and plumbing rerouting. As a result, there is no practical average price.
- Importantly, when pricing replacement windows, remember that the warranty you receive with your window purchase is a critical part of your decision, as this is what will protect your financial investment. Not all window warranties are created equal.
HomeRite backs all of its products with superior warranty protection. Our company’s Lifetime Limited Warranty protects against manufacturer’s defects for as long as you own your home and our Lifetime Glass Breakage Warranty option provides a second layer of added assurance. You won’t find better warranty coverage anywhere else!
HomeRite Windows and Doors is conveniently located in Jacksonville, FL. We carry a wide variety of materials, styles and prices. Our showroom provides you with the opportunity to see many of our products in person so that you can make smart decisions. We use only the highest quality window materials and our installers are factory-trained and insured. Coupled with our unrivaled warranty coverage, HomeRite Windows and Doors is “The Rite Choice” for your next window project Call us today for a free consultation and window replacement quote: (904) 296-2515.